Erasmus Library Staff Week
The University of Ostrava was greatly pleased to hold the 1st Erasmus Library Staff Week, which took place in our library, from 30 May to 3 June 2022.
This training event was designed for the administrative staff responsible for library service agenda and focused on university library services and services for students. During the five-day period, participants had the opportunity to participate in a dynamic and engaging program that included presentations, workshops and social events.
It was a great opportunity for our foreign colleagues to learn more about Ostrava and its surroundings.
List of participants:
- Akay Metin, Akdeniz University (Turkey)
- Badura Jan, Comenius University Bratislava (Slovakia)
- Breczko Sylwia, University of Warsaw (Poland)
- García Aparici María Teresa, University of La Rioja (Spain)
- Gubernat Małgorzata, Jagiellonian University Medical College (Poland)
- Koncewicz Leszek, State University of Applied Sciences in Racibórz (Poland)
- Kötél Emőke, John von Neumann University (Hungary)
- Kruze Tido Willem, Artevelde University of Applied Sciences (Belgium)
- Pappné Czappán Marianna, University of Debrecen (Hungary)
- Rojek Genowefa, State University of Applied Sciences in Racibórz (Poland)
- Szydło Mariola, University of Zielona Góra (Poland)
A week full of adventures started on Monday, 30 May, when we met 11 visitors from not only european countries – Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Belgium, Spain and Turkey. There was a presentation of our library with a library tour as well as a tour of the center of Ostrava and a bird's eye view of the town hall tower.
Tuesday was the day of foreign colleagues who presented their libraries and interesting events they are planning for their users. On Wednesday we all had a lot of fun at the Pub Quiz, which took place in the Old Arena. On Thursday we shared tips about educational activities that each library organizes and had an interesting conversation about how to promote them the best. The reward was a trip to the Leaning Church of St. Peter of Alkantara and an excursion to the Library of the University of Silesia in Karviná.
Friday's farewell was touching, some colleagues did not want to leave Ostrava, so they took the opportunity to see it one more time from a height, from the Ema heap.
It was a great pleasure and honor for our library to have all the participants in our Erasmus Team. We shared interesting experience and knowledge in topics related to contemporary academic libraries, universities and international cooperation. In a shortcut an amazing week!
Updated: 18. 08. 2022